Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day

Today is election day and it reminds me of an incident that happened in 2004. Do you know where they get polling data leading up to the election?



I visited the 7 11 on 17/92 in casselberry for a yummy cup of coffee. The one right there at dog track road. There was a large stack of John Kerry cups sitting there. I found it quite odd since Florida was in a very tight race but leaning toward Bush. Also, Seminole County was voting conservative at the time. I got my coffee and went home.



I was currious about the cup so I wrote 711 and asked them why they would have cups for John Kerry and alienate 51 or more percent of their customers. I really could care less but there were a lot of people who were passionate about Bush. The reaponce I got back was astonishing.



I was told that they made both Bush and Kerry cups and when they ran out of one they were supposed to hide the other. The sales data was used as poll data nationally.



Our whole polling system revolves around coffee cups and I just told them I was voting for John Kerry??



The lady was nice and sent me a ton of coupons for free 711 food and beverages. Thanks 711!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: